Feb 21, 2012

Apartment

Sorry for not posting this sooner. Apparently when you move across the world your body needs to adjust which involves a "getting sick" process. Cold, sneezing, sleepiness, runny nose...all the good stuff. But I'm all better now.

So my apartment...

I live in Zhunan. I thought the whole time before coming here that I would be working and living in Hsinchu City, which is bigger city. But false!, I live and work in Hsinchu County. Hsinchu City is only a 15 minute train ride away. But the city is called Zhunan (or Jhunan, or Chunan, depending on what map you look at or who you're talking to).

My apartment is pretty cool. It's not a normal looking apartment. It's comparable to a San Francisco apartment and/or flat (obviously not as prestigious). Skinny and tall; 4 flights up (5 if you count the basement that I haven't been down to). It's a quarter mile from the school so it is only a five minute walk away; fifteen minute walk from the train station. It's in a good area but not very transient or busy, at least at night. And it's near a 7/11 (but it's not your normal 7/11...future post on that). Plus, the school pays for it so no expenses there!

I have three roommates. Luis, Nick, and Kristi (friend from college). Luis is from Boston and Nick from Wyoming. Luis has been here since July and Nick for 18 months. Both are very nice and helpful and respectful. When school starts March 1st we'll probably all see a lot more of each other but so far very little.

Maps (close up, a little farther, and the whole country):

Here is a video walk-through of the outside and inside of my apartment:


Some outside shots:
Home sweet home.

5 comments:

Papa Dave said...

Not unlike your mission, right? The neighborhood looks nice and the city view is almost rural with the fields nearby. You will get your exercise walking up 50+ stairs won't you.
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Yes it does take time to get over the jet lag. Love Dad

dlpower said...

Craig I love it. Looks like a great place. Feel better soon.

robin said...

what? this is weird. just come back to the u.s.a...

just kidding. kind of. no but really, looks "great"? i don't know... it's weird!!!

Natalie said...

Love the apartment!!

J.J. said...

Me too! You're gonna get a workout everytime you go to your room though lol