Mar 17, 2012

Bowling

The topic for the kids this past week was "Fun". So their vocabulary words were all things that we can do for fun: i.e. the beach, barbecue, and bowling.

So on Friday I told them if they were really good that we would be able to play bowling!

Were they really good?
No.
But did I have anything else planned?
No.
So we did it.

I brought Pringles cans and a few soda bottles to be the "pins". It was so much fun. They kids loved it and it was a huge hit. Some had a serious problem with hand/eye coordination. I mean some kids would go to "roll" the ball and it would end up smacking another kid watching right in the face and leave a red mark. Who'da thought bowling with 6-8 year olds could be so dangerous?

Here are some pictures:

Some kids even got strikes!
I was one of them.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun! I don't think it matters how old the students are- even my High Schoolers love to play games no matter how simple they are.

Papa Dave said...

How funny son. You are a game person aren't you. Those little dark-haired kids are just too cute. Nice going.

robin said...

i fully expect you to return to the u.s. ready to be my manny.

James Shipley said...

My manny? That is funny! Great work!