Graduation happened and it was a success!...
...except for the part where my kids forgot their lines to start off their scene. They got on stage under the spotlight and all their minds went blank. Empty. Hallow. You could see the cluelessness behind their eyes. Months of rehearsals for this one moment! GAAAH! But it all turned out great and funny.
I felt like one of those spastic teachers you see on TV whisper-yelling the lines on stage:
"psssst...BEHOLD, I BRING YOU GREAT TIDINGS OF GREAT JOY..."
This was not a Christmas program, but you get the idea.
They eventually got on track and did a great job.
They had to wear white dresses or white shirts and a bow tie.
The girls got their hair did and all glittery and even had makeup on.
The younger classes each had one speech and one song to dance to on stage.
Each class level also had their own costume to wear...
Above was the baby class costume.
Yes, those are boys.
The next class up (4-year-olds) wore the costumes above.
Bare midriffs.
And the 5-year-olds wore above...with backless tops!?
Aren't they all funny though?
So the event was a huge deal and production...
complete with a blow-up arch entry-way.
(This isn't my school...we rented an auditorium at a nearby elementary school).
Frank, above, is the funniest kid ever. He has the funniest little raspy voice and knows english fluently. He drives me nuts, yes, but we get each other.
There's one little girl in the show whose job it was to hit the drum on the stage during the music program, but she wasn't hitting the drum hard enough during rehearsals...so they had me hide on the side of the stage and bang another drum at the same time that she does.
The deception!
Chest-bump before the show!
This is one of the other classes on the stage doing their dance.
Notice my new 7-foot-tall roommate. He's a giant.
Above is me on the stage with them during their last song (there's two graduating classes). After the song I had to introduce my class, to a room of over a hundred people who don't understand a word I am saying, one by one to receive their kindergarten diplomas. Afterwards, one family gave me a bouquet of flowers and a card. That was very nice.
With Nini after the show.
With Evan and his whole family.
With Martin.
With Oscar.
He hates me.
Overall the kids did a super great job.
I'm just glad it's all over.
But I still have these kids for threeeee moooooore weeeeeks.
Help.
























4 comments:
haha what a grand event. I love that you had to bang the drum at the same time as the little girl. I love those crazy costumes. I love how the one kid hates you. I love how another one brought you gifts. So precious. And congrats! You did it!
the blue sparkle/sequins outfits match the one i wore in the musical this last week... ha! in addition, i'm still obsessed with franklin. and i love that you practically became a stage mom whisper-yelling the words to the children! i've sooo been there. done that. loves!
What fun!!! It looks like you are lovin' it.
Hi Son, Nice talking to you the other day. Again, great pics and stories that bring all your efforts to life. Glad you found a Ward to attend and you have a new 'teaching' calling. Love Dad
Post a Comment