Sep 18, 2012

Taipei 101 - Part 2

When my American friends were still here we went to the top of Taipei 101 for them.  This was my second time going up and even better than the first time.



When I went in May it was cloudy and overcast and rainy and couldn't see too far into the distance. 
But this time it was super blue and sunny and you could see on for miles.

(reminder: this is the 2nd tallest building on earth)






This time I started the guided audio tour of the top of the building.  But I didn't last long before getting too bored: "Look at the yellow building in the eastern direction about half a mile away...that was built in 1975..."
I was done with that.


But the views are amazing.



This time, because the weather wasn't evil, the outdoor observatory was open.
Which means...(and my sister would freak out)...


No windows!


(view of the top from the top)


(awesome shadow picture)

I'm sure I will go again sometime.
Next time: at night.

5 comments:

dlpower said...

This is awesome. Way to go outside with no windows. You're a true daredevil. Glad you're safe. Love the views

Janis said...

The pictures are great but I bet even more amazing in person. Wow!

Papa Dave said...

Remember when we went to the Empire State Building. Or did we go? I cannot remember. This one is truly amazing. Great pics son.

robin said...

NO WINDOWS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feet heart started beating faster and my feet and hands got sweaty just looking at these pictures.

i. just. cannot.

robin said...

that comment was supposed to say,

"my heart started beating faster..."

geez.