Jan 26, 2013

Glass Museum

The Saturday after getting back from Japan I went to the Hsinchu Glass Museum.  It had been a while since I've been to a museum, or something of that nature, so I decided to see what it was all about.  It was very nice but small.  The property it was on was huge though and also had a mini-zoo (which I didn't go to), a cool park and a mote surrounding it.  There was also a huge music festival going on.




However, nothing upsets a tourist more than a sign that says -

"No photos allowed inside." 

Grrr, but it was still cool.  There were displays of glass from all over the world designed in impressive artistic ways.  Outside, however, there were tons of photographic stuff on the premises.  It was a perfect weather day and fun seeing people out and about enjoying the festivities.

This (whatever it is) folded up into a bus.

Horse and carriage.

They had glass displays outside around the premises as well.

"Man Making Glass" display.




I really like this picture.  I'm not sure why, I just do.









Not much to say except it was a fun small activity.

1 comment:

Papa Dave said...

beautiful Craig. Very artistic flavor, which I am sure you enjoyed. Reminds me of the Disneyland Glass blowers in the Castle. Don't know if they are there anymore, but... a long time ago in a galaxy far away....