This past weekend I went to Yangming Park in Taipei to go see the cherry blossoms (they're not in season much longer, so I had to go see them while I could) and some waterfalls. There was some major hiking involved and a ton of stairs; more than when I hiked Lion's Head Mountain. There's a bunch of different hikes you can go on from the park entrance, but there's not enough time in the day to go on them all, nor would I want to. But I'm very glad I went. I went by myself too which is ideal for hiking, because I can go at my own pace.
So the entrance to the park is where all of the cherry blossoms were. There wasn't a complete abundance as I was expecting, but that was ok.
(As always, I took way more photos that I probably should have).
There was also an abundance of other flowers all around.
Flower paparazzi.
After the flowers I started my hike up.
A little ways there was a squirrel (or at least I think it was a squirrel?...chipmunk?) that people were feeding. It provided a few minutes of entertainment.
So many stairs.
But the stairs were super jungle-y.
I have to admit I felt like Indiana Jones for a bit.
At last I reached the waterfalls area. It was iiiiincredible. It was super green everywhere and quiet and scenic. There were a few people here and there but not many.
Bird.
Reflection.
I went to put my camera down on a fence post and this little guy was occupying it...
Someone needs a shave.
Awesome waterfall.
Do you see the guy chilling on his cell phone?
I didn't either until I put the camera on my computer.
I walked into a troop of Boy Scouts of Taiwan in the middle of the jungle.
It was a great hike and the perfect weather. I wanted to go before it starts to get super humid again. Plus it's always nice to see the hidden areas of God's creations.

































2 comments:
Beautiful Craig. What a nice hike and pics.
We saw the guy and the Scouts looked American.
Post a Comment