Jun 20, 2013

Birthday 28

Birthday 28 came and went faster than a speeding bullet.  It was just a normal school day around here with not much going on - but that's ok!

I did attempt to take a "superhero" picture - but that turned out to be a failure 
(however the picture itself turned out pretty cool)-

I was wearing the cape I bought for my Halloween costume and I wanted it flying up in the air behind me on the scooter - but, alas, it wouldn't cooperate!

With Baby Ian.
(he's in "baby class" so his name is preceded with "baby")

In my older student class we made a "Coca-Cola/Sprite" birthday cake.  They always ask me to bring Coca-Cola to class (I don't know why) and I never would - but decided to for my birthday.  So in essence, I gave them a gift on my birthday!  What's up with that!?


(jk I didn't care at all, obviously)
And might I add that the Coca-Cola here is much different than in the USA - it's actually delicious.

These kids showed up out of nowhere and sang "Happy Birthday" to me at the end of the school day:


Shout-out and thanks to my friends in Utah who sent me this card!

Shout-out and thanks to my friend, Emily, who sent me a Jurassic Park shirt!

At night I invited some friends and co-workers to go to dinner at an Italian restaurant nearby.


After dinner they came to sing to me and brought the most juvenile Asian hat ever for me to wear.  As well, a gigantic candle to make a wish with and dessert.



Winnie, Charice, Riaan (or Ryan), Me, Kristi

I can't believe I've now had two birthdays in Taiwan.
Wow.

Thank you to everyone for all the texts, FaceTimes, gifts, FaceBook messages, instagrams, and emails.

On to the next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to kiss those little singing children!! They are so cute!!

James Shipley said...

Happy birthday.