Apr 21, 2012

Haircut

I wasn't really that nervous to get my first haircut in Taiwan.  But I must admit I delayed it to the last day possible before I would have gone bonkers; the heat is growing.  I don't know how girls have long hair in heated lands.

The process was pretty routine.  I was hoping for a funny story of lost-in-translation issues where I would say "trim" and she would hear "pull a Britney" and ends up shaving my head...but alas never got one.

I got my haircut at a place inside R.T. Mart (which is like a Wal-mart).  It was a little barbershop just past the registers.

You start by putting the equivalent of $3 American dollars in a kiosk outside of the shop (of course all of this was guessing at first as nothing except the name of the place was in English)...


...this prints you a ticket where you are given a number...


...and then wait for the number to appear on the screen and then get your haircut!


I just pointed at my hair and then showed about an inch or two with my fingers so she got the hint.  Thankfully she got the hint and it ended up going just like normal.



Anxiously awaiting to see if she understood.


Dogs walk around here like humans...just chillin in barber shops and such.


4.5 minutes later: Success!

Probably the blondest hair this woman has ever cut.

2 comments:

dlpower said...

Ok first thing. Why do dog walk around like humans? I find that to be disturbing that the dog is there while you get your fair cut. Second, is that a giant vacuum in that picture?

James Shipley said...

Nope, she cut my hair last week. And I'm more blonde. :)