Nov 30, 2012

Flower Field Trip

(Did you notice the "before & after" theme in the title of this post!? It would be a good wheel of fortune round...)

Well, November hardly happened at all.  It's now December and the fall weather is in full display.  Its been raining for a complete week here and I love it.  But just before it got super cold and rainy we were  able to go on a school field trip to see an organic shop and a flower field (exciting stuff!...for kindergartners).  

Heading out on the field trip.


We first went to a place called Earthlife for fifteen minutes and did a mini-tour of their little store.  It was on a super crowded street so we had to do quick get-aways with the students getting out of the busses.  That's always entertaining.



Inside the store I was bored to tears but the kids seemed to enjoy it.
I had no idea what anyone was saying or going on!


But we got free crackers!

Afterwards we took the kids to a flower field which was beautiful.  It was a perfect weather day full of lots of photo opportunities...so forgive me as I'm showing you plenty of them.



The kids were allowed to go out and wander but weren't allowed to pick any flowers (yeah right)!! That's like putting my mom in a quilt shop and telling her to not touch any fabric!

That's the official school photographer in the middle there.

You can see the back of the Wugu Temple in the distant back left.  I did a post on that temple in March.


















The cool thing about this field is that it's directly across the way from my apartment.  My balcony overlooks it, as seen below.  Cool huh!?


The kids all loved it and it was a fun activity.  
I'm glad we snuck it in before this epic rainfall and coldness.

December I am sure will go just as fast as the rest of this year.  I have lots of fun things planned so expect more posts to come and more often too.

2 comments:

Papa Dave said...

Beautiful Pics Craig. And such an innocence about them all

Janis said...

You've got some beautiful pictures there.

I liked your example. You are right. I would have to touch the fabric.

Looks like the kids left plenty of flowers in the field after their visit.