Dec 1, 2012

Missionary Lunch

Today I took the missionaries out to lunch for a good American meal.


They chose this place called Wild West Chophouse.
They've been before but I hadn't so it was fun.



This is Elder Kaluhiokalani (say that ONE time fast), from Hawaii, portraying the true stereotype that missionaries can eat anything.


They also brought a recent convert, Rick.  He's from Tennessee originally (shout-out to my brother!), but now lives in Thailand, and commutes to Taiwan for three months at a time, and then returns for a few weeks to see his family.  Great guy.


On the wall behind us you can see a bunch of pictures of people.  These are people who have succeeded in the challenge of eating this restaurants 72 oz steak in under one hour (and you get it for free!...a $50 value).  THAT'S 4.5 POUNDS!! The funny thing is that 15 of the pictures were all missionaries who had done it over the past few years...

...including Elder Kaluhiokalani (not today, but recently).


I just thought it was hilarious that there were missionary pictures scattered all over the wall.  I could never even think of attempting such a feat.  I once did the one pound hamburger challenge at Big Judd's in Rexburg and regretted it for a month.  Woof.



This one finished with 44 seconds to spare!

2 comments:

Papa Dave said...

Hope the food (gulp)was good. I wonder how many new missionaries will be assigned to Taiwan as a result of the new 18 and 19 year old mandate. In the San Jose Mission, 60 new sister missionaries are reporting in January!!!!!!!

James Shipley said...

Awesome! I love this post. Especially the shout-out to me!